What activities can I do on a Galapagos cruise?
All cruises in Galapagos operate to itineraries that are fixed and approved by the National Park. Most cruises will offer a range of land-based and water-based activities that you will enjoy at various points in your cruise including:
- Snorkeling (from ship or beaches)
- Panga rides (the local name for the small boats that transfer you from ship to shore, or used to explore the mangroves)
- Diving (on ships with diving itineraries)
- Land excursions (including hiking trails, visitor centers, drives to inland sites, time relaxing on beaches, etc)
- Naturalist presentations. These usually take place every evening - on board the bigger ships also with help of microscopes
All boats must carry a bilingual, certified, level 3 (the highest level) guide. They will lead you on your excursions, allowing you to learn as much as possible about the unique wildlife and habitats of the Galapagos Islands.