Your key rights under the package travel and linked travel arrangement
according to § 651a of the German Civil Code.
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package tour within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302, offered by Galapatours, a brand of ventura TRAVEL GmbH. Therefore, you can make use of all EU rights that apply to package tours. Ventura TRAVEL GmbH bears full responsibility for the proper execution of the entire package tour. In addition, Ventura TRAVEL GmbH has the legally prescribed security for the repayment of your payments and, if the transport is included in the package, for the security of your return transport in the event of its insolvency.
Most important rights according to the Directive (EU) 2015/2302
- Travellers shall receive all relevant information on the package before the conclusion of the package travel contract.
- At least one contractor is always liable for the proper provision of all travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or contact details to contact the tour operator or travel agency.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person within a reasonable time and possibly at additional cost.
- The price of the package may only be increased if certain costs (e.g. fuel prices) increase and if this is expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event no later than 20 days before the package commences. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the package price, the traveller may withdraw from the contract. If a tour operator reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has the right to a price reduction if the corresponding costs are reduced.
- Travellers may withdraw from the contract without paying a cancellation fee and will receive full reimbursement of all payments if any of the essential elements of the package other than the price is substantially changed. If the operator responsible for the package cancels the package before its commencement, travellers shall be entitled to reimbursement and, in certain circumstances, compensation.
- In exceptional circumstances, travellers may withdraw from the contract before the package starts without paying a cancellation fee, for example if there are serious safety problems at destination which are likely to affect the package.
- In addition, travellers may withdraw from the contract at any time before the start of the package against payment of a reasonable and justifiable cancellation fee.
- If after the start of the package tour essential components of the package tour cannot be carried out as agreed, the traveller shall be offered appropriate other precautions at no additional cost. The traveller can withdraw from the contract without paying a cancellation fee (in the Federal Republic of Germany this right is called "termination") if services are not provided in accordance with the contract and this has considerable effects on the provision of the contractual package tour services and the tour operator fails to remedy the situation.
- The traveller is entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation if the travel services are not provided or not provided properly.
- The tour operator will assist the traveller if he is in difficulties.
- In the event of the insolvency of the tour operator or, in some Member States, of the travel agent, payments will be refunded. If the insolvency of the tour operator or, if relevant, of the travel agent occurs after the package has begun and the carriage forms part of the package, the return of the passengers shall be guaranteed. Ventura TRAVEL GmbH has taken out insolvency insurance with R+V Allgemeine Versicherung AG. Travellers may contact R+V Allgemeine Versicherung AG, Raiffeisenplatz 1, 65189 Wiesbaden, Tel. +49 611 533-5859, e-mail: [email protected] if they are refused benefits due to the insolvency of Ventura TRAVEL GmbH.
Website on which the Directive (EU) 2015/2302 can be found in the form transposed into national law: www.umsetzung-richtlinie-eu2015-2302.de