How long does it take to get to the Galapagos Islands?
Flights to the Galapagos Islands depart from Quito or Guayaquil on the mainland of Ecuador. The flight time from Quito is around 3 hours and around 1 hour from Guayaquil. Three airlines currently serve Galapagos - Avianca, TAME and LATAM.
A selection of international flight times to Quito include:
- From Miami - around 5 hours (direct flights operated by American Airlines)
- From Los Angeles - around 10 hours (no direct flights)
- From London - around 15 hours (all flights have at least 1 stopover in either Miami or Bogota)
- From Sydney - around 24 hours (all flights have at least 1 stopover in LA, Dallas or Santiago)
- From Amsterdam - around 12 hours (direct flights operated by KLM)
- From Paris - around 12 hours (direct flights operated by Air France)
- From Berlin - around 15 hours (no direct flights)
The schedule of these flights means you'll be unlikely to make a connection direct to Galapagos. Most of our guests choose to stay overnight in either Guayaquil or Quito at either end of their Galapagos adventure. This is a nice way to relax before and after the wonders of Galapagos. Ask us for advice on Ecuador hotels when you book your cruise with us.